Call for Proposals for GBTA VDR 2023 Conference | Hamburg
Submission Portal is closed
Any questions contact email@example.com
GBTA is seeking industry professionals to contribute new ideas, solutions, and innovations for current issues and challenges that confront the travel industry.
New this year! To streamline the submission and review process, GBTA has removed the draft PPT requirement that has previously been submitted with the proposal. The entire session proposal can be submitted via the online form in the Submission Portal. Submission Portal Closes on Friday 17th February 2023
GBTA is committed to incorporating diverse perspectives within each session and across the entire Conference. We encourage you to submit content topics that will be timely and most useful to travel professionals as the business travel industry’s landscape continues to evolve and restore.
To ensure a wide-ranging selection of sessions, we request proposals include lecture or panel presentations with diverse speakers and audience engagement that will reach varying skill levels and interests of the attendees.
The information you include in your submission will be used for the peer-review process which evaluates all submissions to determine the sessions to be delivered for Conference and other GBTA events. If selected, this information will also be used to help promote your session.
If you have questions regarding the CFP process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: You may only select ONE topic area per proposal.
- Accommodations (includes transient, long-term housing and home sharing)
- Career and Personal Development (includes leadership, sales, health and wellness)
- Data Analytics & Distribution
- Human Resources & Stakeholder Management (includes communication, policy, DEI initiatives)
- Meetings & Events
- Payment Solutions
- Procurement & Sourcing (includes cost control)
- Risk Management/Duty of Care
- Technology/Innovation (includes AI and machine learning)
- Transportation & Mobility (includes air, ground and rail transportation)
The GBTA Conference draws business travel professionals from around the world, working in all different sectors of the industry, ranging from industry buyers and suppliers to finance, procurement, and HR Professionals. Presentations should apply to executives, owners, directors, mid-level managers, and first-time Conference attendees. Although we draw some professionals relatively new to the business travel industry, keep in mind that the balance of the Conference audience is comprised of experienced professionals committed to life-long learning. They seek high-level educational opportunities, and we are committed to providing them.
- All proposals are submitted into a double-blinded review process that is completed by a group of volunteers, made up of your industry peers (business travel experts and representatives of the GBTA membership), who are a part of a Peer Review Council (PRC).
- The proposals are then twice scored by the PRC, followed by an in-person meeting to discuss all the proposals at length and make the final selections for the education program.
- Members of the PRC do not have the ability to score their own presentation submissions.
- If you are interested in volunteering for the Peer Review Council to review proposal submissions, please email email@example.com.
- Content Relevance to Business Travel and the current environment
- Compelling Title and Session Description
- Learning Outcomes and Takeaways for the audience
- Uniqueness of proposed content
- Overall Quality of Proposal
Yes, we welcome proposals from buyer and supplier or allied businesses. However, proposals that sound like advertisements of a product or service will not be accepted. If you are a supplier of products or services, be sure your proposal focuses on a relevant topic, concept, or idea – not one of your products or services.
All submitters will receive email notification of the PRC’s decision regarding their proposal by the end of April/beginning of May 2023.
November 14-16 in Hamburg.